Join Our Team
Community and Space Manager
Fairmount Innovation Lab (“FIL”) is seeking a Community and Space Manager for its co-working and community space in Dorchester. Reporting to Director of FIL, the ideal candidate is an individual capable of wearing a few different hats in a fast-paced environment, including creating a collaborative community and managing the FIL co-working and events space. Duties and responsibilities include:
Organize and execute community building efforts by:
- Developing relationships with members by understanding their needs and interests.
- Planning and supporting community meeting and events to help the co-working community such as educational, professional and personal development workshops, and purely social ones as well.
- Assist with providing resources to help the members grow their businesses.
- Proactively gathering member information.
- Assist with marketing on events and community co-working events through preparing mailers and other promotional materials.
Manage the space and account operations including:
- Ensuring location is properly stocked with supplies.
- Assist with account management functions such as membership and events billing, onboarding and offboarding, and membership changes.
- Effective communication with members and vendors.
- Maintaining the space and ensuring it is clean and functioning properly ( trash, functioning furniture and meeting rooms, kitchen cleanliness, etc.).
- Providing excellent customer service by quickly and effectively meeting member needs, communicating professionally and taking the initiative to exceed their expectations.
- Manage space rentals and events in the space.
- Energetic, outgoing and positive attitude with the ability to work with people.
- An interest in the creative economy, startups, and arts and innovation.
- Ability to run with tasks and operate independently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- General IT, MailChimp, SquareSpace and social media savvy.
- Customer service and hospitality experience a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
If this position is of interest to you, please apply by submitting the following to email@example.com with subject heading FIL Jobs:
- LinkedIn URL.
- A paragraph of two on why you are the perfect match for this role.
Job Type: Part-time or Full-Time